Basic Photography Course - Richard Greenly
This is a one-day course and runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm plus an extra hour from 4.30-5.30pm for those who wish to stay on to solve camera problems.
This course takes place at our Hungerford studios and is run by Richard Greenly. Visit Our Location to pin point us exactly.
The cost of our courses for 2016 is £185.00. There is a 10% reduction for all 18s and under. This price includes a very good lunch, all tuition, a full set of notes and VAT. Real cost of tuition is therefore approximately £135.00 per head.
Visit Course Dates and Status to find out the dates of all our Basic Courses in 2016. The course is designed for the member of your family who inevitably ends up holding the family camera at that vital family moment. It is a course for keen family snappers not David Bailey's. If you fall into this category and have a least one serviceable ear and one serviceable eye, I can improve your photography by 200% in just one day.
Attendance on this course will greatly increase the amount of enjoyment you get from your camera and your photography. It will also enable you to read and understand your camera's user manual!
The ideal camera for this course is a 35mm SLR, film or digital or a Bridge Camera.
I keep the day as informal as possible and the talk is accompanied by a slide show, practical demonstrations, and a full set of comprehensive notes. I promise I will not baffle you with science!!!
Programme for the day
|09.30 - 10.00 am
10.00 - 10.45 am
11.00 - 11.50 am
12.00 - 12.45 am
12.45 - 1.30 pm
1.40 - 2.45 pm
3.00 - 4.30 pm
4.30 - 5.30 pm
|- Coffee and tea. Please be punctual, we will start at 10am.
- General talk on cameras and equipment. What you need and really don't need.
- How cameras work. Apertures, shutter speeds, depth of field. All in very simple talk.
- How YOUR camera works. Manual settings, light readings and exposures settings.
- Explore and explain every knob/switch and menu on all student's cameras.
- Practical use of the camera and tips on composition, flash and lighting etc.
- Questions from the students. Set all students camera menus. Leave when you wish.
If you feel you would get to grips with your camera or computer better in a one to one situation, please visit our Bespoke Courses page.